Jump to recipe
Quinoa Chopped Salad
Ripe Garden Tomatoes + Crisp Cucumbers + Fresh Herbs + Quinoa = PERFECTION in a bowl
Quinoa Chopped Salad is EXCELLENT for meal prep & lunches on-the-go…just add your leftover grilled chicken.
“Super easy! Super delicious!” -Diane
“Love this recipe. So fresh and tasty!” -Cherie
➡️ Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contains all nine essential amino acids.
It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed and well drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp sea salt (for boiling water)
- 1 lb. mixed fresh garden tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large, crisp garden cucumbers, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- a large handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped if you like
- a large handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Place your quinoa and water in a medium pot over medium high heat. Stir in the salt, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow quinoa to simmer, tightly covered, for 12-15 minutes or until the liquid is completely absorbed. (Or follow package instructions)
Transfer your cooked quinoa to a large serving bowl and allow it to cool.
Meanwhile, prepare your veggies and herbs by rinsing and chopping everything.
Once your quinoa is cool, add in all your chopped veggies and herbs.
Using a microplane or zester, grate the lime zest over your salad.
Drizzle with olive oil, and your freshly squeezed lime juice, then season with sea salt and ground black pepper to your taste.
Gently toss to combine and serve.
Stays good refrigerated for 2-3 days.