Jump to recipe
Quinoa + Veggie Egg Frittata Muffins
A prep-ahead breakfast idea! These lil’ frittata’s are very tasty, and completely balanced nutritionally to FUEL your day!
Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green peas (do not thaw)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions or chives
- 1/2 cup chopped herbs, such as parsley, dill or basil.
- 1 large pepper bell, finely chopped
- 7 large free-range eggs
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly grounded black pepper
Preheat to 400F. Grease a standard 6-cup muffin pan, preferably nonstick, with avocado/olive oil or coat with cooking spray.
Add the eggs, quinoa, peas, green onions, herbs, and pepper to a large bowl and combine well with a fork.
Season generously with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture equally among the muffin cups, about 1/3 cup for each, filling until almost full.
Bake until the muffins have puffed up and turn light golden on top, about 15-20 minutes.
Once cooked, gently release each muffin from pan.
Be sure to let them sit for a few minutes and cool so they come out easily without falling apart.