Jump to recipe
Now before everyone chimes in reminding me that this isn’t “true + traditional” Ratatouille 😅…(I know)…this recipe is just meant to be a FUN QUICK idea that I threw together since I had all of these vegetables sitting in my kitchen. The flavors and colors reminded me of my favorite Ratatouille – just in a much quicker Stir-fry version!
A really good idea to use up that end-of-summer produce, and quickly add a tasty veggie side dish to your weeknight dinner!
Some of our FAVORITE Ratatouille recipes:
- 2 Tbsps olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small eggplant, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup ripe cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, tamari, Braggs liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Heat your oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the eggplant and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
Next, add in your bell pepper, garlic, red onion, and zucchini. Stir-fry for about 4-5 minutes more.
Stir in your tomatoes, coconut aminos, and the tomato puree, then continue to cook for about 3 minutes, or just until your tomatoes begin to burst.
Garnish with fresh basil and sesame seeds and serve immediately.