Jump to recipe
Roasted Veggie + Quinoa Meal Prep Bowls
By popular request: Meatless Meal Prep inspiration for ya!
Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contains all nine essential amino acids.
It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
Quinoa, yams, and sweet potatoes are COMPLEX carbohydrates, that our bodies use VERY well for sustainable energy.
Simple carbohydrates just do not fuel our bodies the same way complex carbs do.
Complex carbs also contain more nutrients than simple carbs.
They’re higher in fiber and digest more slowly.
This also makes them more filling, which means they’re excellent for weight loss, and weight control.
Complex carbohydrates are THE key to long-term health.
They make it much easier to maintain a healthy weight and can even help guard against type 2 diabetes.
Makes 4 servings/bowls
- 1 lb. fresh Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley leaves
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini or sesame paste
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 2-4 Tbsp water, or more as needed