Jump to recipe
Salsa Verde Chicken Skillet
This Salsa Verde Chicken is an EASY one-pan dinner idea to help you feed your people tonight!
SUPER satisfying and PACKED with FLAVOR!
I’m thinking a side of brown rice + a big scoop of guacamole sounds PERFECT!
Salsa verde is available in glass jars at most grocery stores or online. Just look for simple, real food ingredients such as tomatillos, jalapeno, onions, garlic, cilantro etc.
If you Google “salsa verde” there are lots of great recipes that will pop up for you to make at home.
In the Summertime try making my Roasted Green Tomato Salsa Verde recipe using green tomatoes:
Makes 4 servings
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounces) jar salsa verde, or 2 cups homemade salsa verde
- 1/2 cup shredded Tex-Mex cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh cilantro, chopped to taste
- fresh lime slices, to garnish
- Thinly sliced scallions, to garnish