These REALLY are 10x tastier than Lay’s!
Directions for 4-6 snack size servings:
- Peel & slice 3 smaller sweet potatoes as thin as you possibility can. (Extremely thin)
A mandolin works really well for this.
I used my CleanFoodCrush.com/Spiralizer (slicing attachment)
- Pour 1.5-2 cups(depending on vinegar intensity you enjoy) apple cider vinegar or white vinegar over the sliced potatoes in a medium glass bowl.
- Pour room temperature water in the bowl just until potatoes are completely covered in liquid.
- Soak potatoes for 1-2 hours, then DRY well (pat with paper towels). This step increases the crunchiness factor.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees f
In a large bowl, combine:
- The prepared sweet potato slices
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
Combine & coat well. Spread potatoes onto 2 or 3 large flat sheet pans, in a single layer. They will not crisp if they are piled up. I have found that they are crispier when I use foil as a pan liner.
Roast in a preheated 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes per side (flipping once) until crispy. About 20 minutes total. Enjoy!