Jump to recipe
Sausage Summer Squash Skillet
Happy NEW week CRUSHERS!
Let’s get right to it today with this SUPER SIMPLE one-pan recipe (and video) for a quick week-night meal throughout this season of transition as summer is winding down.
My kids have back-to-school night and we’re meeting their teachers this week…so I guess you could say it feels like our late evening lingering summer dinnertime out on the patio will soon be replaced with strict schedules, homework, and sports.
Quick one-pan dinner recipes to the rescue!
Zucchini and Summer Squash are plentiful and affordable right now, so let’s enjoy them.
Most stores carry an awesome selection of healthier chicken & turkey sausages these days. I usually purchase whatever is on sale that week. Just flip the package over and read through the ingredients. Look for minimal processing and no added sugars.
I hope you enjoy this quick recipe, and I also encourage you to add whatever veggies & herbs you happen to have on hand to use em’ up and make your meal suited to YOUR own personal taste.
- 2 Tbsps olive oil or avocado oil
- 4 fully cooked nitrate-free chicken or turkey sausages, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large summer squash, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsps fresh chopped parsley