Jump to recipe
Shrimp, Tomato, & Basil Salad
Inspired by a photo on the cover of Sunset Magazine.
The flavor is outstanding!
Makes 4-6 Servings
- 1.5 lbs pre-cooked & peeled, large or jumbo shrimp
- 3 cups halved small tomatoes of various sizes & colors.
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 2 small avocados, cubed
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled natural gorgonzola (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 Tbs organic dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt & pepper
Whisk together all ingredients for dressing and set aside.
Boil asparagus in sea salted water for 2 minutes.
Drain and immediately rinse with cold water.
Mix all ingredients gently in large bowl, coating with dressing.