Jump to recipe
Mexican Turkey Cauliflower Rice
THIS quick dinner idea is SIMPLE and the fam will LOVE it! Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast (or ground chicken breast)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1-2 small jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1 cup sweet corn, frozen is fine (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- a small bunch of fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 fresh lime, cut into wedges
Add cauliflower florets to a food processor or chopper and pulse until the cauliflower resembles small bits (like rice).
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high and add onions, bell pepper, garlic and jalapenos. Stir fry for a few minutes until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
Stir in the turkey meat and cook while crumbling for an additional 6-8 minutes, until the turkey begins to brown.
Add “riced” cauliflower, corn, cumin, paprika, and salt to the pan. Stir fry the cauliflower for 4-5 minutes until it’s tender and a little crisp.
Garnish with cilantro, fresh lime, and avocado.