Jump to recipe
Skinny Vegetable Soup
Keep a batch of this in the fridge and you’re covered for several meals. #PrepAheadWin
Also, try substituting THIS for 1 meal per day…and see what happens…
Makes 6 servings
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup organic carrots, sliced
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 jar (28 oz) low sodium diced tomatoes
- 6 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp of avocado oil, or olive oil and cook the onion until slightly softened.
Add carrots, cabbage, bell pepper and green beans.
Cook for an additional 5 minutes or so.
Stir in diced tomatoes, broth, oregano and seasonings. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
Add in zucchini and broccoli. Simmer an additional 5 minutes or until softened.
Serve immediately or you can store it in the fridge in air tight containers for about 4-5 days.
Flavor just becomes BETTER the next day!