Jump to recipe
Slow Cooked Jambalaya
Oh. MY. Goodness. This is SO darn tasty + SIMPLE! Protein packed, and ready for #MealPrep or fast weeknight Dinners! Add a side of roasted broccoli, and you’ve got a perfect meal!
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 pound nitrate free turkey sausage, cut into1.5″ slices
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice, rinsed well
- 1 (14.5-ounce) jar diced tomatoes with juices
- 2.5 cups vegetable, or chicken broth/stock
- 1 (8-ounce) jar organic tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- a small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
Place all the ingredients (except shrimp and parsley) in a 6 quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
Cover and cook on LOW 4-5 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
Stir in parsley and shrimp. If all the liquid is absorbed add 1 additional cup of broth.
Cover crock pot and cook on LOW for an additional 30 minutes or until shrimp and chicken are cooked through.