Jump to recipe
Slow Cooker Creamy Mushroom Soup🥣
Where are my mushroom lovers at?!
The older I get – the more I LOVE mushrooms…anyone else?
This is a VERY GOOD thing because mushrooms are nutritionally loaded with benefits.
This soup is creamy and ultra flavorful! Serve alongside a beautiful winter salad on a cold night in December.
➡️Did you know:
Mushrooms have cancer-fighting properties.
Mushrooms are immunity-boosters, they can help lower cholesterol, they’re high in B and D vitamins, and can help relieve inflammation.
They’re low in calories, are great sources of fiber and protein.
To take advantage of all the available health benefits of mushrooms, you really should cook your mushrooms.
If you do not have wine on hand, you may substitute wine for more chicken, or vegetable broth.
The wine really adds rich flavor.
All of the alcohol will cook out of your final soup, so no worries there.
Do not use “cooking wine” as most of those have an astringent taste much like rubbing alcohol…LOL.
For best results, use a decent to nicer bottle of wine that one would actually drink, because this will produce the very best flavor.
Makes about 6 servings
- 2 Tbsps clarified butter or ghee
- 2 lbs white button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, almond milk, or cashew milk
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder, gluten free flour, or cornstarch
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Fresh thyme and parsley, chopped