Jump to recipe
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken
Flavor on Flavor! Throw it together…come home to an absolutely delicious dinner!
Slow-cooker is season is here! This is one of THE BEST ways to Eat Clean and keep it simple without sacrificing flavor!
Makes about 4 servings
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, or tenders cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small, fresh pineapple, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 large red or yellow onion , cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 red, orange yellow bell pepper , cut into 1″
- 3 Tbsps raw honey
- 4 Tbsp raw coconut aminos, liquid amino, or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil, or avocado oil
- 3 fresh garlic cloves , minced
- 1 Tbsp potato starch or cornstarch
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
Place the chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Add in the bell pepper, pineapple and onion.
In a small bowl mix the oil, honey, coconut aminos liquid, chili flakes, grated ginger and garlic.
Pour this mixture in the slow cooker, then gently mix to combine.
Cover and cook on LOW for about 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Add the cornstarch/potato starch to a Tbsp of water, mix, and add to the slow cooker, stir well to combine and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve with cooked brown rice.