Jump to recipe
Special Cheesy Potato Casserole
Once in a while we just need a REALLY GOOD cheesy potato recipe to complement a very special meal.
Well…here you go.
Creamy, flavorful, cheesy, crispy-topped potatoes! It’s just real GOOD.
Our Cheesy Potato Casserole is a bit different from our CFC norm, as we used corn flakes to crisp it up…but you know what?!! It turned out FANTASTIC!
Crispy, crunchy, just the right melty flavors! Each of our teenagers were very HAPPY about this dish!
I’m sure we’re going to get a lot of comments and questions here, about corn flakes not being “clean”. Our philosophy on food has never been super rigid.
We believe in eating GOOD food and preparing it at home as often as possible. We’re allowed (REQUIRED) to have FUN, try new things, and enjoy our meals!
We have 6 teenagers at home, so compromise is our current season of life.
📣 Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
makes about 8 servings
- 2 Tbsps clarified butter or ghee
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced into very small cubes
- 2 cups milk of choice, I used unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 2 Tbsps gluten-free flour, Arrowroot powder, or cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken bone broth or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups organic corn flakes, slightly crushed (I used “Nature’s Path” brand)