Jump to recipe
Steak Burrito Meal Prep Bowls 🌱🍅
There is MAJOR FLAVOR happening here!🔥
These bowls are SUPER hearty, satisfying, nutritious, and filling…so if you’re looking for a meal prep option for those big workout days, or busy work schedules…tasty steak burrito bowls will be your new go-to!
Planning + Prepping will lead to your ultimate success and reaching your goals! 💪
Here are some tips and ideas to get you going:
Try to have FUN with this!
Turn on your favorite music, drink some coffee or green tea, enjoy yourself, and try new things!
Invest in quality glass storage containers.
Glass is superior – We want to keep our food as fresh as possible!
Cook/Prep 2-3× each week.
These meal prep bowls last for up to 4 days in the fridge and are great eaten cold. I love to heat mine up, including the pico and stir everything together then enjoy.
makes 4 servings/bowls
- 1 lb. sirloin steak
- 2 Tbsps olive or avocado oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced
- 2 small zucchini, cut in half moons
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, or brown rice
- 2 cups chopped greens of choice, I used romaine
- 1/2 cup organic corn
- 1/2 cup black beans homemade pico de gallo
- 1 medium avocado, sliced and drizzled with fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled cheese of choice
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
For the homemade pico de gallo:
- 1/2 lb. tomatoes, diced
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 small jalapeño, finely diced (seeds and membranes removed for a milder salsa)
- a small handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- juice of 1/2 fresh lime
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
To make the homemade pico de gallo combine all the ingredients into a medium mixing bowl. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste and stir gently to combine.
Season your steak lightly with sea salt and pepper on both sides.
Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large frying pan, skillet, or cast iron, over medium-high heat. Once your pan is hot, add your steak and cook for about 3-5 minutes per side, depending on your personal preferences, flipping once.
Set steak aside on a plate and rest for a few minutes, then thinly slice.
In the same heated pan, add the remaining 1 Tablespoon oil and sauté the onions, peppers and zucchini until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Season with sea salt and pepper to your taste.
To assemble your bowls, divide cooked quinoa, or rice and greens among 4 glass containers. Top equally with sliced steak, veggies, corn, beans, pico de gallo, avocado and crumbled cheese.
You may add avocado immediately before serving if desired to preserve freshness.
Keep refrigerated for up to 3-4 days, or frozen for 2 months, in well-sealed containers.