Jump to recipe
Strawberry Steak Salad
Hello Sweet Strawberry Season!
Nothing beats fresh, juicy, local strawberries.
That said, most strawberries in the U.S. are grown in either California or Florida.
Our peak strawberry season is April-June.
Here in Utah, we’ve had really good luck growing our own strawberries over the years. The plants give us the sweetest, juiciest berries you’ve ever tasted, throughout the early Summer.
Strawberries are packed with many vitamins, fiber, and high levels of antioxidants. In fact, they are in the top 20 fruits for best antioxidant capacity and also a good source of manganese and potassium.
About eight strawberries provides more vitamin C than an orange!
Strawberries are a sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, and low-calorie food.
We LOVE to add these beautiful little red berries to everything throughout the Spring and Summer months.
- 1 lb. beef top sirloin steak (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- 8 cups torn lettuce, such as butter, curly, or romaine
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 Tbsps good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Season your steak with sea salt and pepper.
Preheat a griddle pan or a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Grease with the oil, then carefully add in your steaks and sear each side until browned and until it reaches your desired doneness, (135° for medium-rare, 140° for medium and 145° for medium-well).
Once the steaks are cooked to your liking, remove from the heat and let them rest, covered, for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare your salad ingredients, and place them into a large serving bowl.
Next, slice the steak into 1/2-inch thick pieces and add it into your salad.
Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and pecans.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, and oil, then sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Toss, serve and enjoy!