Jump to recipe
Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Shrimp + Zucchini Skillet
A fresh one-pan meal idea that combines all that fresh crisp Summer zucchini, with a tangy garlic tomato & basil pesto.
Basically Summer in a pan!
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 2 large zucchinis, sliced
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
For The Sun-dried Tomato Pesto:
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, plus more to garnish
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato packed in olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
Add all the pesto ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
Add zucchini and sauté for about 5 minutes.
Add shrimp and cook until they are pink.
Add in 2 Tbsps sun-dried tomato pesto and stir everything well to combine and warm.
Garnish with additional fresh basil and enjoy!
Store leftover pesto in an airtight container in the fridge for un to 10 days.