Jump to recipe
Spicy Shrimp with Apple Salsa on Crisp Lettuce Wraps
Dinner TONIGHT! This is so SIMPLE to prepare – you’ll have dinner ready in 20 minutes!
They’re so quick and easy to make AND the presentation is beautiful!
Makes 2-3 Servings
For the Salsa:
- 1 large apple, chopped into small cubes
- 10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small bunch of cilantro or parsley, chopped + a bit more to garnish
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- juice from fresh 1 lime + a few thin slices to garnish
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz fresh shrimp, peeled
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 big Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, diced to garnish
Make the salsa first, by gently combining all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl.
In another bowl, mix the cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and coat the shrimp with this seasoning mix.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp of oil. Once hot, add the shrimp to the skillet and sear on both sides for about 2-3 minutes, until cooked through.
To assemble the wraps, add one spoonful of salsa to each romaine leaf, diced avocado, a few shrimp and a bit of cilantro/parsley on top.