Jump to recipe
Sweet & Sour Chicken Meatballs for Meal Prep
Dreaming of much warmer days…sweet sunshine on my shoulders, and juicy-fresh-tangy Pineapple!
I’m getting ready to shake off these winter doldrums, with the exotic taste of fresh pineapple as a stand-in for an island vacation!
Although fresh pineapple is available year-round in most of the US, this island fruit hits its peak from March through July.
Besides being DELICIOUS, fresh Pineapple is packed with nutrients, antioxidants and other helpful compounds, such as enzymes that can help with digestion, fight inflammation and disease.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breasts, or turkey breasts chopped into large pieces
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder, or 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- avocado oil cooking spray
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, or Bragg’s liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2-3 Tbsps hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 tsp gluten-free flour, or Arrowroot powder
- green onions for garnishing
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa