Jump to recipe
Taco Salad + Homemade Lime-Cilantro Dressing
YOUR weekend be like…I want to STAY healthy, but I also NEED FLAVOR….SOLUTION! Makes about 4 servings
- 3 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1.5 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 2.5 Tbsps. taco seasoning
- 8 cups romaine, iceberg, or baby green lettuces, chopped (I love a mix of lettuces!)
- 1.5 cups grape tomatoes, cut into halves
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen organic corn, thawed
- 1 cup black beans, cooked + rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, minced
- 4 Tbsps raw honey
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper to your taste (about 1 tsp. each)
Place the chicken in a small bowl, then add taco seasoning, and oil.
Rub the chicken to get it well coated in the taco mixture.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook each side of the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes each, or until just cooked through.
Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts.
Allow chicken to rest (covered or wrapped in foil) while you assemble the salad.
To a large platter, add the lettuce, and evenly sprinkle with the tomatoes, corn, black beans and chicken; set aside.
Slice cooked chicken breasts, add to top of salad.
In a small glass bowl/jar, add the lime juice, cilantro, honey, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Whisk to combine.
Evenly drizzle dressing over salad, the toss to combine.