Jump to recipe
Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
If Taco Tuesday and Zucchini Season had a beautiful baby this would be her! Okay…that’s a very strange analogy.
My point is, some things are SURPRISINGLY great once combined!
Zucchini is readily available during the months of July and August. Okay…it’s not just available, it’s actually overflowing during those Summer months!
Almost all the parts of this squash are edible, including the flesh, seeds, and skin. A cup of zucchini has just 33 calories and zero grams of fat.
Zucchini Tacos make for a light, but filling and extremely satisfying meal anytime!
Make an extra batch of these while you’re at it because these are even better reheated the next day!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 medium/large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- cooking oil spray
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey, or lean grass-fed ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup fire-roasted tomatoes with juices
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup organic corn, fresh or frozen; thawed
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- a small handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
Optional toppings: red onions, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream/Greek yogurt, etc.