Jump to recipe
Teriyaki Chicken Salad with Pineapple + Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
Try this one TONIGHT! Super yummy – everyone will LOVE it! Makes 2 servings
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into half, lengthways
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 medium fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated or spiralized
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsps sesame seeds
- Teriyaki Marinade/Sauce:
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
Whisk together all of the Teriyaki Marinade ingredients in a small glass bowl. Add 1/3 of the mixture to a large freezer bag or small glass bowl.
Add chicken and marinate 1 hour up to overnight. When ready to cook, let the chicken sit at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, grease and preheat grill to medium heat, 375 °F. Grill the chicken undisturbed for 5 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 165 degrees F when chicken is done.)
Once cooked, brush with the remaining, untouched teriyaki sauce and set aside on a chopping board. Let cool down a bit, then slice against the grain.
On the same grill, add the pineapple pieces and grill for about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
In a large bowl, layer the salad starting with the lettuce on bottom then veggies and finish with pineapple and chicken, Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Mix to combine and serve.