Jump to recipe
Tomato Basil Oven Roasted Halibut Packets
A GORGEOUS Summertime meal idea with very little cleanup! Makes 2 servings
- 2 (5 ounce) halibut fillets, or other white fish
- 2 Tbsps Ghee or clarified butter, divided (grass fed if possible)
- sea salt and pepper to your taste
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 small bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 fresh lemon, cut into wedges
- 12 oz small, fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees f. Prepare 2, 12 x 12 inches parchment paper squares.
Divide the asparagus and place it in the center of each parchment paper.
Place each fish fillet on top of the asparagus and sprinkle with the sea salt and pepper.
Next, divide butter and place on top of the fish, then layer the tomatoes, garlic and basil equally between the two packets.
Carefully fold the edges of the parchment paper under and around the fish to make a nice packet as shown in the photos.
Place the sealed packets on a sheet pan and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and flaky.
Top with more fresh basil and serve with fresh lemon wedges.