Jump to recipe
Turkey BLT “Sandwich” aka Crispy Lettuce Buns
Would you eat one of these?!
Or “Rachel this is just so weird and please don’t mess with my sandwiches, Lady…”
It’s OK… Just another FUN idea for ya! (Take it or leave it.)
I love my big sandwiches with sliced bread as much as the next gal…but some days I also want a lower carbohydrate option!
We always love sharing new ideas to spur YOUR own creativity!
These Turkey BLT “Sandwiches” received thousands of comments on our social media channels when I posted them, (created a wildfire of praise and ridicule) and the verdict is divided right down the middle!
CRUSHers of the world have spoken, and you either really love this idea, or TOTALLY hate it!
P.S. You can definitely use less lettuce, I may have gotten carried away a bit, but these were really bright and FUN to photograph!
Makes 1 serving
- 1-2 slices nitrate-free bacon, cooked to your liking
- 4 ounces sliced or pulled leftover turkey
- 1 slice gouda, or any cheese of choice
- one medium head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 vine-ripened tomato
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 Tbsps homemade ranch dressing
For your homemade Ranch Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste about a 1/8 teaspoon each
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 Tbsps finely chopped chives