Jump to recipe
Turkey + Rice Fiesta Stuffed Bell Peppers
Stuffed Bell Peppers are one of my all-time most comforting foods!
So perfect for a cold weekend! These take a bit longer to prep and bake than our typical CFC recipes…but the FLAVORS you’ll experience here is so worth it!
Bake a bunch for Dinner, or future meals as meal prep!
They reheat fantastic the next day! Makes 6 servings
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1, 15 ounce black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups COOKED brown rice, or quinoa
- 1, 4.5 ounce can/jar diced green chilies
- 1, 15 ounce jar diced tomatoes with juice, OR 2 large fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsps chopped fresh cilantro leaves, & more for garnish
- 1 tsp cumin
- sea salt to taste, about 1/4 tsp
- 1 cup frozen organic corn
- 6 large green bell peppers, tops cut off, then seeded
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth, or stock
- 1/3 cup Colby / Jack cheese if desired
- chopped green onions, or cilantro leaves as garnish
- Greek yogurt for serving if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
In a large skillet brown your turkey and season with sea salt.
Once turkey is browned, add in diced onion, garlic, black beans, cilantro, chilies, diced tomatoes, and cumin.
Stir well, cover, and simmer on low for about 15 minutes.
Remove lid, add corn and cooked brown rice, simmer an additional 5 minutes or until all the liquid reduces.
Cut peppers in half lengthwise, removing seeds and stem.
Place peppers cut side up in an oven-safe dish as shown. Fill each pepper equally with turkey mixture. Pour about 1/2 cup chicken broth on the very bottom of the dish.
Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake about 55 minutes, or until your peppers soften.
Remove foil, top each with 1 Tablespoon of cheese and bake uncovered an additional 5 minutes.
Top with green onions and cilantro leaves, then serve immediately with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt (optional).
Refrigerate for up to 4 days, OR freeze a batch up to 6 weeks. (They freeze great!)