Jump to recipe
Turkey + Sausage + Spinach + White Bean Soup
It’s soup season! We LOVE soup at our house!
Soup is warming, comforting, satisfying, and ready-to-eat whenever you are!
Crockpot, Stovetop, AND Instant Pot Instructions are included!
You can use any combination of ground meat, or sausage for this recipe.
I often use a pound of ground turkey for a big protein boost, then add in a half-pound of Italian or spicy sausage for added flavor.
Always turns out delicious, so choose your meat depending on your GOALS and preferences.
On a similar note: this soup is fantastic with either baby spinach or baby kale, so choose your favorite greens to add-in.
I usually double-up my soup recipes because soup makes wonderful future meals!
This is one of our all-time FAVES!
I love the high protein + veggie combo here! Hope you love it too!
Makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey or chicken (sometimes I use 1 pound ground turkey PLUS a 1/2 pound of Italian
- OR Spicy sausage for more FLAVOR)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red or yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped or baby carrots
- 4 ribs fresh celery, sliced
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups chicken bone broth
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach, or baby kale
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste about 1/4 teaspoon each
- a handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes