Jump to recipe
Turmeric Ginger Chicken Rice Skillet 🌱🍋
This one-pan chicken dish is mighty tasty, and wonderful for a quick Dinner or Meal Prep idea!
TURMERIC has been shown to dramatically increase the antioxidant capacity inside our bodies. Oxidative damage is believed to be one of the culprits behind early aging and many diseases. Turmeric also contains natural anti-inflammatory compounds!
GINGER has incredible infection-fighting abilities and can help clear congestion.
Ginger isn’t just a great spice to turn to when you’re already sick, it can actually help to keep you from getting sick in the first place! It’s gingerol compounds lower our risks of multiple infections.
Makes 5-6 servings
- 1.5 lb. chicken tenders
- 2 tsps ground turmeric, divided
- 3 Tbsps olive oil, or avocado oil, divided
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- juice of 1 small fresh lemon
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, or cooked quinoa
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) organic corn
- lemon slices, to garnish