Jump to recipe
Veggie Stuffed Mushrooms 🌱🍄
It’s surprising how incredibly tasty a bunch of chopped fresh veggies + fresh herbs, lightly sautéed & all stuffed into these mushrooms turned out!
SUPER tasty. SUPER good. And SUPER EASY!
Plus, they’re SUPER good for us…but you don’t even need to mention that to anyone, it can be our secret. You get to quickly watch them disappear off the plate, and receive all the compliments!
Feel free to experiment with different veggies, herbs, and cheese.
Makes about 8 servings
- 8 large cremini, or portobello mushrooms
- 1-2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- 2 large shallots, small diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped very small
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, small diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled & small diced
- 2 Tbsps ghee or clarified butter
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees f. and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Clean your mushrooms, remove the stems, and pat dry. Arrange the mushrooms, on your prepared baking sheet as shown, very lightly brush with oil, then roast until tender, about 12-15 minutes, depending on their size. Once ready, allow to cool for a minute or two, then lightly pat dry again, with a paper towel.
Meanwhile, small dice your mushroom stems, shallots, bell pepper, celery, carrot, and garlic.
Melt the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in all your chopped veggies, fresh herbs, and sea salt & pepper to taste, then sauté, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
Divide your sautéed veggie mixture among mushroom caps and sprinkle with shredded parmesan and a few extra herbs if desired.
You may place your stuffed mushrooms back in the oven for a minute or two, just to melt the cheese if desired.
Enjoy while hot, or at room temperature.